considering the telecommunications company for which I
work had pretty big layoffs yesterday (25% of the
workforce got axed).  I found out late in the morning
that I was saved from being cut at the last minute,
although I did get demoted from a salaried position to
hourly.

This was upsetting at first, but the more I think
about it the better I feel.

(1) I can get overtime pay again.  Since I normally
pull about 43-44 hours a week, it should help my
bottom line.
(2) Fewer meetings and conference calls.
(3) I don't have to do annual reviews for my
employees.
(4) If I get promoted to supervisor again in the
future, I'll probably get another raise.

And people say bootlicking and toadyism don't pay off.

Heh.

Adam C. Lipscomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Looking to emulate the rat and cockroach as employment
survival models - is that so wrong?