Dan wrote:
That all sounds reasonable.  And demotions in the
presence of massive layoffs means that the company is
working hard to keep you because they think you are
valuable.

> And people say bootlicking and toadyism don't pay
off.

Are you positive its not that you've demonstrated your
worth?  I know it may not be the ideal time to argue
with you, but you might consider that you were kept
because that was a sound business decision. :-)
*********************

Sir, I resent this unwarranted and scurrilous attack
on my abilities as a toady and "yes-man".  I'll have
you know that I have studied under the best, and
worked for years to hone my skills, going so far as to
earn an MUA (Master of the Underling Arts) at the
Bavarian Institute of Technology's School of Mad
Science (they have a really, really great online
learning program).

I demand that you submit proof that I am a "valued
employee" kept as part of a "sound business decision".

*g*

Adam "Brilliant, sir, how do you do it, sir?" Lipscomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]