At 22:22 04-11-2002 -0500, John Giorgis wrote:

I know that the US, especially under the current Administration, is
often-criticized for having unilateralist tendencies, and disregarding the
opinions of the international community.

With that being said, has anybody noticed that the United States has now
let the United Nations deliberate for nearly two months (and counting) on
its dispute with Iraq?
The US "let" the United Nations deliberate? Excuse me? Last I heard, the UN can take all the time it needs to deliberate; no country, not even the US, can dictate to the UN how long it can take for that.

You make it sound as if the UN should be *grateful* that the US has *graciously allowed* the UN to take nearly two months already to deliberate. How arrogant.

Jeroen "The only good Giorgis is a silent Giorgis" van Baardwijk