Doug wrote:
> GSV Ancient Submariner

John H. replied:
Do you rhyme?

Sorry, I'm stuck in a cramped middle seat on a flight
from Atlanta to Dallas and couldn't resist. Do you now how hard it is to type when the guy in
front of you has his seat all the way back?!?

Very? ;-)

Rime is an old form of the word "rhyme," but rime is also
"A coating of ice, as on grass and trees, formed when
extremely cold water droplets freeze almost instantly on a
cold surface" according to www.dictionary.com.  Given that
_Rime of the Ancient Mariner_ talks about going far south
to very cold regions... here's an excerpt:

    The ice was here, the ice was there,
    The ice was all around :
    It cracked and growled, and roared and howled,
    Like noises in a swound !

... I always wondered if the title _Rime of the Ancient
Mariner_ was a pun.  Does anyone know enough about Coleridge
to know if he's the kind of guy that would make that kind
of pun?

Reggie Bautista
"Driven south to the land of the snow and ice
To a place where nobody's been
Through the snow fog flies on the albatross
Hailed in God's name, hoping good luck it brings."
-- Rime of the Ancient Mariner as sung by Iron Maiden