From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On at least one of those times, didn't he have to save the Enterprise from
some goof-up that he himself was responsible for?

You *don't* let a kid goof around with a starship. Period.

Julia

How a starship that represents the prime technological advance of its' time can be so easy to manage, that a kid can rearrange its' primary memory core, is beyond me. I don't know how the writers or Rodenberry expected us to swallow that. One thing is to willingfully suspend all disbelief to enjoy fiction and fantasy; another is to push the limits of credibility and taste to a point of no return.

JJ