From: "J. van Baardwijk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Who is the sheriff?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:13:36 +0100

At 22:47 10-03-03 -0500, John Giorgis wrote:

>Don't forget our wonderful, non democratic means for selecting a
>president.

Well, there are a lot of advantages to republican government over democratic.

What are those alleged advantages, and *why* are they advantages?

Well, for one thing, every voice is heard and represented. One of the primary disadvantages of a pure democracy is minority voices can easily be crushed by the majority view. Theoretically, the representation inherent to a republic allows minorities to speak, be heard and spark debate.

I'm sure our resident polisci experts will be able to answer in more detail.

Jon