http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/03/030326074425.htm

> > > Study Provides New Evidence That Cranberry Juice
> May Help Fight Heart Disease

> > Fine, now make it in a form which tastes okay :P
>
> I get a blend of cranberry and other juices (grape &
> apple) and have a glass of *that* every morning.
<snip>

Juice blends are good - there are brands out there
that are 100% juice (instead of the 17, 22 or 25%
variety), which from a health standpoint are better.
I like a mix of cran-grape-orange, which I think is
delicious, but it looks disGUSTing!

> I've seen a white cranberry juice out, but only in
> the "cocktail" which is
> loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, which isn't
> that good for you, but
> my mother says that it's a milder taste, so if you
> can get that, you could give it a taste, anyway.

IIRC, many of the polyphenols, anthocyanins and other
phytochemical antioxidants give both color and taste
to the fruits, however - which is why I think there is
evidence that red wine is 'healthier' than white, just
as purple grape juice is 'healthier' than white.
There is another North American berry that is milder
than cranberry in flavor (juice is a dark indigo), and
is supposed to be packed with antioxidants -- it
begins with an "a" -- aronica? anconia?  I'll look the
next time I'm at that store.

> What I'd like to know now is, what if you load up on
> cranberry *sauce*?
> I'm always looking for a good excuse to eat *that*.
> (When I was 7, that
> Thanksgiving my mother wouldn't let me take a second
> helping of cranberry
> sauce unless I had some turkey to go with it.)

Same antioxidant power - but a lot more sugar, I think
(you could check the labels).  My mom makes a
cranberry-orange-walnut relish that I just love.

'Fruitopia' Is Only 10% IIRC Maru   :P