At 04:08 PM 6/2/03 -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:

There's responsible gun culture and irresponsible gun culture.  The
former is more likely found in rural areas, the latter more likely found
in urban areas.  There are still gun deaths in rural areas, but they're
not as likely as ones in urban areas, and usually not as many are just
random.  (The notable exception I'm aware of lately was the drunk guy
who killed his buddy to keep him from driving drunk....  I think that
was Bastrop County.)

My suspicion is that there is a strong correlation between "drunk" (or "high") and "irresponsible gun use."

Then there was the guy about an hour's drive from here who over the weekend responded to his wife's request for a divorce by going to her house, cutting the throats of all their kids, decapitating their pets, and hanging himself. The local law enforcements says he was on crystal meth at the time . . .

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her