--- Damon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[I asked:]
> >My understanding is that they were mere weeks away
> >from being able to bomb the US mainland - is that
> just an 'urban war myth?' (Not a rhetorical
question,
> BTW)
>
> Must be an Urban Myth, as the Germans cancelled all
> heavy bomber projects.
> The Germans had no force projection outside of
> Europe. Their Navy would
> have to deal with the Royal Navy before dealing with
> the growing and potent US Navy.

Thanks for the clarification; some of what I "know" in
history turns out to be an exaggeration or
misrepresentation.

> My point is that Germany was as much a threat to the
> US in WWII as they
> were in WWI. Japan was far more a threat, able to
> project naval power and
> actually pose a credible threat to the US. Yet we
> declared Germany to be
> the greater threat, something I think the Roosevelt
> administration wanted to do long before Pearl.

I only read a little bit of the linked article(s)
about Japanese biowarfare/experimentation [how anyone
who calls themselves a physician could participate in
- hell, *design* - such monstrous projects is
incomprehensible];  I think the impact of some project
like "Cherry Blossom..." would be more 'terror' than
actual damage, but the psych blow would be
considerable.

Debbi
Pearl Harbor Conspiracy? Maru