Isn't it really the difference between a pragmatic vs idealistic approach?
Scientists write papers, and engineers do what it takes, even if it violates
scientific method? It seems as though modern scientists are caught between
the two approaches - held to the Scientific method, but expected to use
non-scientific intuition to make leaps. It must be a tough business.
Nerd from Hell