Julia Thompson wrote:

> I saw video of it on the news at some point. It was amusing.

> I also saw video of both his *parents* on them, no troubles
> with them at all. How is it that the athletic son can't
> handle what the mother who broke her leg sledding with her
> grandchildren can?  :)

I heard the story on TechTV. He was buying those two Segways
for his parents as a gift, but he had already ridden one
before, so he must have felt comfortable riding one, which
made him overconfident. This time, he jumped on one-handed,
and the machine just couldn't handle it. The senior Bushes
did just fine, because they were being careful.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com