Looks like Brin-L was off the air for the last few hours, but I have no idea
why.  All I can imagine is that my business partner might have accidentally
killed the list server software while we were scrambling to try to fix a
totally different problem.

The other problem was that while trying to fix my Win2K machine's absolute
refusal to run any scheduled tasks, I managed to set it up so that nobody,
including the built-in Administrator account, could log on to the machine.
We could log onto the domain, but that doesn't give access to anything that
would fix the problem.  Too many hours later, I figured out how to get back
to a proper state of affairs with the Recovery Console, an act I care not to
repeat.  If we killed the list server, it was when we were messing with the
server's Samba setup because we thought that perhaps it was the solution to
the problem, thinking that surely Microsoft would not allow a person to deny
logon to every single user on the machine... which its documentation
suggests.  Wrong, apparently.

So, I'm back, the list is back (if you get this message) and, well, sorry
for the interruption.  We continue to work to bullet-proof things more
around here.  If I never touch a keyboard again, that might go a long way in
that direction...  ;-)

And now you know too much about my day.

--
Nick Arnett