At 02:56 PM 7/28/03 -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:
Doug Pensinger wrote:

> I know, I know, but we've got a lot of smart people here and I'm
> guessing that most of them are aware of Erik's libertarian views, not to
> mention his tendency to use sarcasm (especially when dealing with
> intolerance), so the statement:
>
> "Catholics have a distorted view of the world that isn't
> healthy to pass on to children. They should not be permitted to legally
> marry, and their children should be put up for adoption with decent
> parents."
>
> Has to stand out as either so far out of character as to be absurd or
> extremely sarcastic.

And I'm a horrible person and egg him on when he goes into that sort of
mode.  >:)

How does that make you a horrible person? Sounds like you and I are cut from the same cloth (more "warp" than weft, one presumes) . . .

But any back-and-forth we get going in *that* situation
isn't hurting either of *us*, and if someone doesn't get it, I'll try to
let them know what's going on (at least at my end) one way or another.
And if you read enough threads in which Erik and I participate, you may
figure out all that yourself.

FWIW, if anyone is ever uncertain whether something I have written is meant seriously or sarcastically, please feel free to ask me, either on- or off-list, and I will clarify it before things get out of hand and feelings get hurt.

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle