> From: Gautam Mukunda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Why isn't anyone discussing this?  Anyways, it's
> marvelous.  Rowling has, once again, surpassed herself
> - this one is even better than the last.

I must disagree.  I was somewhat disappointed in #5.  The plot was
sort-of pointless, if you think about it.  The great mystery of who
would die was pretty obvious to me.  And for both my wife and
myself, there was ZERO emotional reaction when the death did happen.

I do like how the books are becoming more mature and sophisticated
as Rowling has gone on.  I wonder how much of that is intentional or
just a result of her maturing as a writer.

Now that the kids are 16 or so, I've been wondering if there is some
sort of anti-sex hex at Hogwarts!  There must be!

 - jmh