In a message dated 7/28/2003 9:16:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Ahem.   You have forgotten Austalia, who was very much a true ally.   You
> have also forgotten Japan, the leader of which essentially got his
> country's constitution ammended so that Japan could help us out in Iraq,
> and is a major player by any measure.     You have also forgotten Poland,
> which is the second-largest country in Europe - which I guess you could
> argue is "anxious to please us," but given that Poland is already in NATO
> and on the fast-track to the EU, is certainly in a different category than
> Bulgaria and Romania.  You have also forgotten the Czech Republic, which is
> in a similar situation to Poland, with the exception of being a major
> player.   Nevertheless, you have also forgotten Spain - the fourth-largest
> country in continental Europe, and is certainly a major
> player in the
> European Union.

Yes of course I have forgotten these countries our traditional allies and stalwart
military powers all. Poland is already an economic powerhouse in no need of political
and economic support from us. I am not by the way denegating their support. I think
some of it just real politik but some of it is legitimate graditude. Spain was with us
as a country but its people were none too thrilled. Scandanavia was behind us of
course. Now my point is not that these countries were right and we were wrong; I have
already said that I support the war. My point is that we turned off many of our
traditional allies and way to many people in Europe with our high handed arrogant
actions before and after 911. Bush senior did not do this. He sent Baker around the
world for months to build a coalition.