--- Jim Sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jan Coffey wrote:
> >It is, however, important to know that %20 of the world population
> >is far enough to my side of the axis to be labled dyslexic.
>
> Where does this statistic come from?

Sally Shaywitz M.D.

http://www.writersreps.com/live/catalog/authors/shaywitzs.html

There are researchers who disagree with shaywitz but as far as I know, not on
this point.

If you read her book and her papers, you may notice some contradictions to
many of the fine detials, but that is usually the case. She seems to have the
big picture right, but is missing the insite of the the experience.

=====