Hi, everyone.  I managed to get a quick e-mail off to Julia and Jose earlier
today to ask them to cover everything list-related for a while.  My best
friend, business partner and often the backup admin for Brin-L, had a
seizure this morning at 3 a.m., went to a nearby hospital, where a CT scan
showed a 2x3 cm mass in his left parietal node.  He was transferred to
Stanford, where he's finally getting some rest now, I think.  This is
especially difficult for all of us because Dave and his wife lost their
first son, at age two, to a brain tumor eight years ago.

I'm afraid this will leave the list somewhat in the lurch occasionally, as
Dave was always my backup.  But it has been reasonably reliable, so I expect
we'll be okay.  If the server has serious problems, Julia and Jose know how
to reach me.  I'm sure you'll all understand if I can't get to it right away
to fix it.  With luck, that issue will be moot.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
Phone/fax: (408) 904-7198