Chad Cooper, aka Nerd from Hell, wrote:
Just read a bit of trivia (unknown source):
On a clear autumn night, one can see stars as far away as 2 million light
years.

So it occurs to me.... If I can only see 2 million LY, but Hubble can see 10
BILLION LY... I am seeing only 1/5000 of the distance seen by machine ....
well.... the Universe just got a whole lot bigger to me...... I think I'll
sit down now...

I have a friend who's been a city boy all of his life. A couple of years ago, he went on a camping trip to the NorthWest (Oregon or Washington, I don't remember). For the first time in his life, he saw the real nighttime sky.

I'm told he stared at it all night the first night, and then after thinking about it, he couldn't look up again at the night sky until he got back here to KC (which has plentiful light pollution).

Reggie Bautista