--- Reggie Bautista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Debbi wrote:

> >Guinea Pigs And Horses Are Good For The Soul! Maru
> :D
>
> Most definitely!  But as much as I love our guinea
> pigs, hamsters, dog, cat,
> pygmie hedgehog, hermit crabs, and all the fish, I
> *really, really* miss
> having horses.  And a local ranch that used to rent
> riding time stopped
> doing so due to rising insurance costs. :-(

More insurance ills... :-/

I guess your state doesn't have an 'equine activities'
clause; in CO anyone who engages in "equine activity"
'acknowledges that it is an inherently dangerous
practice and an equine professional is not liable for
damage' etc. (unless frex you maliciously present as
gentle a known vicious horse).

My 'liability release' form is two pages long (but
I've read ones that are 4 pages of fine print), and
specifies that, among other things, a 'horse may spook
at any foreign object or sudden motion' etc. etc. etc.

What about volunteering at a horse rescue society?
They usually need folks to rehab/ride (and of course
shovel manure!).

Debbi