> Strange mixing of words there... he is taking the same type of position as
> the administration.  Your words confuse the position with the degree of
> responsibility and the statement's impact.  Did you mean to discourage
> comparisons of list postings' positions with those held by people in power?

No, but someone complained that a person was essentially being untruthful in
criticizing the Bush Administration of being untruthful, and that therefore
they were, apparently equivalent in being untruthful. My point is, if I am
untruthful here on this list, that has relatively little consequence. When the Bush
Administration is untruthful, it can - and does - have serious consequences.
Any attempt to portray both untruthfulnesses as even remotely equivalent is,
to me, cutting the Bush Administration enormous slack that it does not deserve.

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle