--- The Fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wonder how this relates to neoteny:
>
> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2003/09/02/2003066235
>
> >From childless fans of kiddie music to the grown-up readers of Harry
> Potter, inner children are having fun all over. ....

I destinctly remember being 4 years old and considering how so many adults
simply had absolutly no clue. I do not remember the situation exactly, but I
do remember saying at the time, that I would never be like ~those~ adults.

I do not believe that neoteny has anything at all to do with this. It's
simply genX X- and Y reaching the "adult" age and knowing we will never get
our turn at self determination...maybe there should be a ~maximum~ age for
voteing....na *sigh*.

Mom: Calvin, what are you going to be when you grow up?
Calvin: ~shrug~
Mom: Want to be a doctor:
Calvin: ~imagines being a doctor and having to work with blood and guts and
gore~ ~sighs~ ~shakes head~
Mom: Going to be a Buisness man?
Calvin ~imagines sitting in a desk, board~ ~sighs~ ~shakes head~
Mom: Well? what do you want to be?
Calvin: ~imagines being a fighter pilot~ maybe a fighter pilot...
Mom: Not very many people get to be a fighter pilot, besides you would have
to kill people and they might kill you.
Calvin: ~sighs~ What's the point? GONA BE A PUNK ROCKER!

I can't find this on line, I know it wasn't an "original" Calvin and Hobbs,
and I don't think I did it justice. But you get the point?

probably you don't but then....

=====