Chad Cooper wrote:

> Welcome aboard. This is a wild group. As far as postings go, On-topic is
> like a rare wine, to be savored.
>
> Some simple rules...
>
> *  If you want Dr. Brin to see your message, include 'BRIN' in the subject.

And if BRIN is in the subject line and it's wandering off onto a
tangent, either remove "BRIN" or change one of the characters to
something else, so as not to clutter up his inbox with stupid
ridiculousness (as opposed to non-stupid ridiculousness).

> *  Text only replies.... Blood has been spilt over posts done in HTML.

Oh, come on, the scratches may have drawn blood, but not badly enough to
"spill".  ;)

> You'll catch on to the rest as time moves on.

And if you miss something, *someone* will let you know, one way or
another.

> My own personal rule... NEVER post facts without facts to back your
> claims... I have the reputation of the "Baghdad Bob of the Brin List" ...

Keep this in mind triply so if you decide to engage in debate with Dan
M.  This should also be very much taken into account if you engage in
debate with Erik, as well.  And some other people, but I'm too fried
right now to remember all of them.

> Again, Welcome aboard...

Welcome from me, as well.  It was a delight to find your initial post in
the pile of posts needing moderator approval, something not spam and
very much on-topic to boot!  :)

        Julia