On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Jim Sharkey wrote:

> I'm starting to think that wwe need to implement the _Snow Crash_ method
> of justice and tattoo stuff on people's foreheads.

I thought awhile back that if I were ever attacked and managed to knock my
attacker down and unconscious for a bit, I'd use whatever I had at hand to
carve an asterisk in the forehead of the person, then run and call the
police.  The marring of the forehead would make for easier identification
later, and might spur the person to go to the ER, where it might be easier
to find that person.

Anyone who's read Vonnegut's _Breakfast of Champions_ ought to be able to
figure it out....

        Julia

who'd be more inclined now to just land a number of kicks in the abdomen
and groin and then get the hell out of there...