> > - The change to make Merry & Pippin "trick" Treebeard into going to
> Isengard, getting mad, and attacking.  How would Pippin know that Isengard
> had pillaged all the surrounding trees, when obviously even the Ents didn't?

There is a scene where Pippin and Merry are riding with Treebeard where Pippin looks
off and sees smoke rising from Isengard. So he knows something is burning. I thought
the changes were actually for the better. The Ents may be charming on the page but
they do rather slow down the movie. One of my friends told me it drove him crazy to
have all the action stop while Treebeard spent five minutes saying ten words.