Travis Edmunds wrote:

> True enough. However the whole point is to create scenarios like what we're
> doing. Simply pretend that we have a magical simulator that can simulate
> ANYTHING we want. It's so magical that it can blend the physics of
> different Universes, thus negating that problem in and of itself.

That's the point of Heinlein's _The Number of the Beast_ and its
sequels: the Gay Deceiver is not only a time-travelling and
a multiverse-crossing machine, but it also moves in and _out_
of Universes with different physical laws, like the Land of Oz,
Pellucidar, Lilliput and the world of Arthur's Round Table.

> Just go on the capabilities of that ship within it's own Universe, and
> apply it to our "simulation". Some ships would quite simply have no chance
> against others. Star Trek Universe starships would take most anything we
> could throw at them based on what they can do within that Universe. If it's
> tough it's tough.

The Star Trek ships can't even block attacks by other things from
the Star Trek Universe! They would be easily blasted by anything.

Ok, maybe we should do this _in a serious way_. Let's take the
rules of any RPG, and try to "project" our favorite races and
ships into that RPG. Then it would be easily to simulate the
battles.

What about using GURPS? They already have ready sets for
many of those different universes - including those with Time
Travel.

Alberto Monteiro