<<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/09/60minutes/printable592330.shtm
l>>

"From the very beginning, there was a conviction that Saddam Hussein was
a bad person and that he needed to go," he tells Stahl. "For me, the
notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do
whatever we decide to do is a really huge leap," says O'Neill.

O'Neill, fired by the White House for his disagreement on tax cuts, is
the main source for an upcoming book, "The Price of Loyalty," authored by
Ron Suskind. Suskind says O'Neill and other White House insiders he
interviewed gave him documents that show that in the first three months
of 2001, the administration was looking at military options for removing
Saddam Hussein from power and planning for the aftermath of Saddam's
downfall, including post-war contingencies like peacekeeping troops, war
crimes tribunals and the future of Iraq's oil. "There are memos," Suskind
tells Stahl, "One of them marked 'secret' says 'Plan for Post-Saddam
Iraq.'" A Pentagon document, says Suskind, titled "Foreign Suitors For
Iraqi Oilfield Contracts," outlines areas of oil exploration. "It talks
about contractors around the world from...30, 40 countries and which ones
have what intentions on oil in Iraq," Suskind says.

In the book, O'Neill is quoted as saying he was surprised that no one in
a National Security Council meeting questioned why Iraq should be
invaded. "It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of
it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this,'" says O'Neill in
the book.

--

<<http://www.holocaust-history.org/works/imt/01/htm/t029.htm>>

<<http://www.holocaust-history.org/works/imt/01/htm/t042.htm>>

>From the Nuremberg Indictments, Count 2, "Crimes against peace":
All the defendants with divers other persons, during a period of years
preceding 8 May 1945, participated in the planning, preparation,
initiation, and waging of wars of aggression, which were also wars in
violation of international treaties, agreements, and assurances.

----

I Pledge Impertinence to the Flag-Waving of the Unindicted
Co-Conspirators of America
and to the Republicans for which I can't stand
one Abomination, Underhanded Fraud
Indefensible
with Liberty and Justice Forget it.

 -Life in Hell (Matt Groening)