At 10:29 PM 1/5/2004 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>In a message dated 1/3/2004 6:48:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> In general, however, I have no problem with Rush Limbaugh using all of the
>> Laws of Florida - even potentially those laws he may have disagreed with -
>> in his legal defence.    In my mind, that's not hypocrisy -
>> that's life.
>
>You are such a tolerant soul. It so good that you are willing to grant
humans their frailties. But it would seem to me that using a legal
technique for your personal defense that you have condemned for others
qualifies as an index example of the human frailty called "hypocricy"

Let me use a relevant example.   Would it be "hypocrisy" for a high school
student who believes that the Federal Education Loan program is
unconstitutional under the "limited powers" clause to accept federal
education loans to go to college?    Even though the existance of these
loans have caused the prices of higher education to skyrocket?

I answer "no" to that question.... it would *not* be hypocrisy in my mind.
 Indeed, the existance of these loans have so distorted the market for
higher education, in terms of driving private loans out of the market and
escalating the price that it would be only sensible to accept these loans,
even in spite of one's views.

JDG - Who does not consider education loans to be unconstitutional.