At 10:19 PM 1/5/2004 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>In a message dated 1/3/2004 6:30:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> Point 1 _ There seems
>> to be no debate on the fact that Halliburton overcharged. Even the
>> incredibly pro-business Bush administration is not making your claim.
>> Halliburton overcharged period.
>> >

>> Not true.   A NY Times invetigation of this story found no significant
>> profiteering by Haliburton.
>
>What is not true? Some one (I don't know if it was you or not) claimed
that it was not really overcharging.

>> >I am still waiting for any one of the conservatives on the list to state
>> up front that overcharging is >a crime that must be pursued.
>>
>> Why?     Do you think that any conservatives on this List are going to
>> disagree with President Bush's statements that essentially say that?    Or
>> do you expect that all of us disagree with Bush on this
>> point?
>
>So is that a yes?

Yes.   Bush himself said that there should be a full investigation.   Heck
it was Rumsfeld's own Defense Dept. that first raised the questions about
this.   At any rate, I highly doubt that any conservative on this List
would contradict President Bush's judgment that there should be a full
investitgation.

JDG