Folks,

Gautam: >> > Teddy was probably drunk off his ass, or too
        >> > busy drowning innocent young women to think
        >> > about what he was saying - something like that.

Reggie: >> Personal attacks make for good arguements since when?
        >> Maybe you've been working such long hours that you've
        >> forgotten that one of the principles of this list is to
        >> attack the argument, not the person who made it.
        >> Tell us why Ted Kennedy's arguements are wrong
        >> without resorting to bringing up an incident that
        >> happened ... how many decades ago?

Ronn!: > Mary Jo Kopeckne is still dead after all those decades.

Dave: Which doesn't make Gautam's ad hominem attach justifiable
      or Reggie's rejoinder any less on point. I thought that
      Reggie was pointing out that the Senator probably wasn't
      "busy drowning innocent young women," as that event had
      taken place decades before the Iraq comment.

      On the other hand, if Senator Kennedy *had* come up with
      his statement on the Texas oil-interest origins of the
      Iraq war when he was, as Gautam so delicately put it,
      "busy drowning innocent women," then he has some
      prodigious prophetic powers.

Sincerely,

Dave