At 11:35 AM 4/1/2004 -0800 Deborah Harrell wrote:
>> Incidentally, as for that famous escape of the
>> Saudis.
>>  Do you know who made the decision to let them out
>> of the country?  It was, well, your hero, Richard
>> Clarke.
>
>Do you have a link for this information?  Thanks.
>I've been trying to keep up with the
>statements/counterstatements on this issue -- thanks
>to all who have posted articles here.

It is actually kind of ironic that on the 10th Anniversary of the Rwandan
genocide, instead of examining what went wrong, we are instead talking
about this.    Ironic because one of the key players in ensuring that the
US did nothing was Richard Clarke:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2001/09/power.htm

JDG