--- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 07:45:13AM -0700, Gautam
> Mukunda wrote:
>
> > The question is, though, do you believe them?
>
> A better question is, why did they do it?
>
> Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/

Isn't it obvious?  The same reason that they butchered
Daniel Pearl.  They think that doing something like
that is going to scare us - shake our resolve and
convince us to surrender.  Or, even more (as we've
seen) convince us that this is somehow _our fault_,
and that we are to blame because our enemies act like
this.  I think that they are mistaken in this and that
it will not, in fact, erode American resolve, instead
strengthening it (if the media does its job and shows
the images), but hey, I could be wrong.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]