"Ronn!Blankenship" wrote:

> At 04:31 PM 5/7/04, Julia Thompson wrote:
> >
> >         Julia
> >
> >who got cheesed off on the whole "you're going to hell" bit in college
> >due to one particularly vocal individual (and I'll spare the details
> >unless pressed for them)
>
> Sorry . . . Debbi already used the "Don't throw me into that brier patch"
> strategy this afternoon.  Just share . . .

I think I went into it already awhile back.  Maybe twice, even.

But....

Well, there was this guy in college, on my floor (co-ed floor, but each
section of hallway was monogendered), who was something of a
fundamentalist, I guess.

His criteria for where you were going to go after you died was, had you
publically confessed to be a Christian at some point in your life?  So,
Hitler was going to Heaven, and Gandhi was going to Hell.

This didn't sit well with me, not at all.

And the last year I was in the dorm, he had a roommate who was from
Israel, and a Jew.

Every day, this cad would inform his roommate that he was going to Hell
because he was a Jew.

I didn't like him very much.

        Julia