Gautam wrote:

I was criticizing a movement that has done immeasurable harm
to the world's poor, and you kind of jumped in.  Fine.
 But you (I notice) haven't actually agreed with me on
what are - I believe - very baseline positions.  Use
DDT in countries where malaria is endemic.  If not,
why not?  Why don't you feel _outraged_ over the fact
that a few rich white people have condemned millions
of poor brown people to death from malaria because of
their entirely unfounded fears over using DDT -
particularly after _they_ used DDT to eradicate
malaria from their countries.

Please give credit where it is due. The Republican administration in power at the time DDT was banned was more responsible than any fledgeling environmental movement and in fact the ban could not have taken place had it not been supported by Nixon.

--
Doug