--- Ruben Krasnopolsky is a perfect example of the
sort of nit-picking conservative who I pray will step
up and rescue the movement.  Until a few weeks ago he
was holding his nose and leaning toward Bush.  Now
he's shown the kind of flexibility that I expect from
people who can overcome a political reflex in the face
of overwhelming evidence.

He points out an inconsistency and I bow, admitting
it.  Of COURSE treason is not the "only" explanation
for these bozos demolishing our military readiness,
finacial stability and  standing in the world.    That
was one of my drama queen moments.  Exaggeration...
but not in an untrue direction.

If, instead, they are doing all this - and more - out
of a combination of monomania, ideological frenzy,
insatiable greed and incompetence, well, then I stand
corrected.

I do worry about the inevitable number of indictments
to come after freedom marches forward and brings about
a regime change.  I fear it will look like a witch
hunt.

The San Diego Union is one of the most conservative
papers in the country.  It is endorsing Bush
(tepidly).  And yet, every single day it carries
reports of more election dirty tricks being pulled by
the present GOP.  And not yet a single one from the
Democrats.  Today it's California's biggest
broadcaster, Pappas Telecasting, donating half a
million $ in free air time to Republican campaigns.

They claim the FCC (run by Colin Powell's political
hack son) ruled that equal time isn't necessary
because it didn't go to the candidates, but instead to
the candidates' county committees.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this.  It
isn't politics.

It is something else.