On Oct 27, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Erik Reuter wrote:

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 09:22:41AM -0700, Dave Land wrote:

That was the purpose of the question, Eric.

No.

You seem know what the purpose of my question was (or, anyway, what it was not), yet it is not what /I/ thought it was.

Fascinating.

Or was your "No" intended to reject my misspelling of your
name, (for which I apologize)?

What is not as clear is the purpose of your riposte.

It's purpose was to encourage you to re-read and think, Davey. Brin-L obviously has nothing to do with gambling. So Dan's statement was obviously rhetorical. Look for similarities between the unreasoning in Dan's statement and the one that started this thread.

No, thanks. I won't waste my time with that. Maybe Dan will answer my question, maybe he won't. Maybe you'll continue to try to show how much more clever you are than I am, and maybe you won't.

Dave