--- Warren Ockrassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At any cost.
>
> You know as well as I do that the draft is coming
> back.

No, actually, I know far better than you do that it
isn't.  That's nonsense.  It's not coming back.  MIT
is the home of American Security Studies, and there
isn't a single professor here who thinks it is, for
example.  There isn't a single senior officer in the
United States military of whom I am aware who thinks
it is coming back, or wants it to come back.  The
President of the United States and the Secretary of
Defense have both said that there is no chance that it
is coming back.  Do you have any evidence that it is
coming back?

> I find it interesting that when you ask me to cite
> data and I do, you
> drop the discussion, and when you ask me to cite
> data and I point out
> that I don't have to because I was speaking
> conjecturally, you drop the
> discussion, and yet you seem to keep wanting to
> engage me.
>
> Is it masochism?

No, it's being busy.  I haven't replied to all of your
posts that I intend to.  I have several times
challenged you - for example, your ludicrous ideas on
economic development in the Third World - and you
haven't even attempted to defend what you've said.
When have you _ever_ cited data?  When have you poited
out that you don't have to because you're speaking
conjecturally?  Conjecture unsupported by evidence is
almost useless.  You can conjecture anything.  You
have to support it with some reference to actual
events, or you're not saying anything at all.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"