At 07:10 AM 12/17/2004 -0800 Nick Arnett wrote:
>JDG wrote:
>> Never attacked us?    Tell that George Bush Senior.    Tell that to the
>> families of the hundreds of Americans who died in Iraq and Saudi Arabia
>> over the previous 12 years.
>
>I'm confused -- surely you're not saying that we invaded them in
>response to the attacks they made on our troops after we went to war
>with them?  (Let's attack them because when do do, those SOBs will fight
>back?)

You are confusing yourself, in part by presuming that I agree with your
assumption..

Dave Land made a factual assertion, that Iraq is.... "a country that had
never attacked us."

I am objecting to this assertion, (as highlighted by my rhetorical
question: "Never attacked us?") and indeed feel that I have substantially
disproved it.   If Dave Land wishes to modify or correct his earlier
assertion, I will be happy to deal with that in time.

JDG