On Feb 6, 2005, at 10:46 PM, David Land wrote:

Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002172407_mars06.ht
ml
http://tinyurl.com/58hnw
Global warming may be a scourge on Earth, but injecting greenhouse
gases into the atmosphere of Mars might be just the thing to turn the
barren planet into a living, breathing world that could support future
human colonies, NASA researchers said.

And why not? "Left Behind"-reading, Biblical-literalist eco-terrorists are plotting the demise of Earth in order to force God's hand and bring about the end of days anyway.

Oh? Have you heard some news of which I'm unaware?

They need somewhere for La Haye's sick fantasy of suffering for people who don't believe just like him and his kind to take place.

And how appropriate it would be a place like Mars, named after a PAGAN god, who was an earlier PAGAN god under the Greeks, and we all know what *they* were famous for.**

God help us.

Um. Years ago I had a button that read, "Dear lord, please protect me from your followers." However, I'd appeal to something a little closer to material reality for help. ;)

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf

** The answer is: Cheesecake.