On Feb 11, 2005, at 6:46 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Microsoft has proposed many different solutions to
solving the spam problem. Its is largely the corporate world that balks at
the use of these solutions, because they utilize it so frequently. Microsoft
has seen fierce resistance against limiting spam, from the largest of
corporations.

Do you have citations to support these statements?

However, my complaint now is largely the spyware and adware that is
plagueing the Internet. Microsoft, and most anti-virus companies were caught
unaware of the destructiveness of these programs.

MS can't plead ignorance; it's a natural offshoot of the massive security holes they introduced deliberately in their OS.

How about a plan of multiple Spam nexus (nexi?) where registered
spammers can send mail to their recipients. People can then decide to reject
all spam if it does not come from a specific or registered nexus.

Too complicated. I have a much simpler solution.

1. Track down the spammer.
2. Shoot him thro' the head.

This has the added advantage of being a hell of a deterrent. "You mean I can be shot for sending junk email?"

...and maybe we can add a rider to eliminate chain letters too.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf