On 6/14/05, Horn, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What REALLY bothers me about all this is this:  If the United States
> wants to hold itself out as a paragon to the rest of the world,
> shouldn't we hold ourselves to a HIGHER standard than we'd hold
> other countries?  If we want other countries to look up to the US,
> shouldn't we follow the spirit not just the letter of the law?

Absolutely.

Quoting scripture and Franklin D. Roosevelt, Hinson suggested the
nation is greedy and morally bankrupt and warned that America's fear
of terrorism is excessive and unhealthy. Denouncing "fear that
immobilizes, fear that causes you to lash out mindlessly, fear that
prompts a nation to launch a preemptive strike against an imagined
enemy, fear in excess," Hinson said, "Only God's love can bring that
kind of fear under control."

- Baptist Seminary of Kentucky Professor Glenn Hinson:
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/local/11888623.htm

--
Gary Denton
Easter Lemming Blogs