On Aug 12, 2005, at 12:38 PM, The Fool wrote:
>> > If you could overcome the effects of gravity
>> > and slow an object's (such as a space probe's)
>> > absolute velocity to very close to but not quite
>> > zero, would the uncertanty principle cause the
>> > object's position to become so uncertain that
>> > it 'jumps' for lack of a better term,
significantly

From: Warren Ockrassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does the 'expansion' of the universe entail a
> change in velocity, an acceleration, or some
> other effect?

The first problem with "zero velocity" in a
relitavistic universe is "how could you know
you were at absolute still?"  Anything you
could possibly use for reference has a nonzero
velocity.  From there the project can tackle the
meaning of zero velocity in an expanding universe,
and so on.

-- Matt