At 02:00 PM Friday 8/19/2005, Dave Land wrote:
On Aug 18, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

On Aug 18, 2005, at 9:06 PM, Andrew Paul wrote:

All I know is it's a pretty damn funky concept. And now I am
wondering
if there is such a thing as a maximum speed for time. Yes, I know,
that
sounds really stupid, I guess that's cos it is, but there is
supposedly
a maximum speed for light, what does that mean in terms of time?

IIRC current models for spacetime hold that the maximum velocity
you can have is lightspeed. As you accelerate along the space
dimension, your motion in time slows; if you're fully at rest, your
motion through time is at lightspeed.

Yikes.

Well, that pretty much explains why I can never get anything done...

Between batting away accusations of anti-semitism and lobbing insults
at the president and his ilk, I'm traveling through time at lightspeed.

Dave

So much light, so little time Maru

Maybe that's why so many get hooked on speed . . .

-- Ronn!  :)