The Fool wrote:
From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The Fool wrote:

From: Warren Ockrassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[adult swim] on Cartoon Network is a refuge in some ways.

---
You''re implying that their are other things to watch on tv.
---

I find The Weather Channel to be gripping. Most of it isn't reruns. One of the bits that occasionally *is* a rerun documented, among

other
things, what happened at a particular bridge I drive over regularly, under some particularly dangerous weather circumstances. That one's always gripping. (And you can be darn sure I monitor Brushy Creek

right
there as best I can, and have an alternate route whose bridge over Brushy Creek is a lot higher!)

And it can impart useful information in a manner that takes less

effort
than, say, actively seeking it on the web or through WeatherBug. (I just love it when they show radar loops for other parts of the US!)

Bah.  The Whether channel is worse than useless when any significant
T-storm/tornado watch/warnings come.

Oh, I have Weatherbug for that. :) When the stupid chirping sound starts up, I go check to see what it is. If it's something where I really need up-to-the-minute coverage, I can change the TV to KVUE or KXAN (I prefer the lead meteorologist on KVUE, but KXAN has some niftier tools they use) and someone who knows what they're talking about and gives a @#$% about the people affected will do a decent job of helping us figure out who needs to hit the ground when.

The Weather Channel is more entertainment than anything else for me. (I like watching hurricane footage, OK?)

        Julia