On 9/5/05, Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, any recommendations?
>
> _____
> ¹As I mentioned a few days ago when I was trying
> to get these new hard drives installed, I have
> the latest version (8.0) of Partition Magic and
> the Boot Magic program which comes with it in
> order to accomplish this (though I haven't set
> them up that way yet), and I left 100GB on the
> primary hard drive for a Linux partition, just in
> case those facts are of significance . . .
>

> -- Ronn! :)

Well, Ubuntu plays nice with Windows, as do Fedora and Mandrake. Linspire is
(I think) temporarily free as in beer, and SuSe is fairly popular. Of
course, there is Debian as well, if you are the moral Free Software type,
but Ubuntu is generally more useable. It's good you left a primary partition
open. That'll make things easier.
If you don't mind building the distro yourself mostly, Gentoo has
unparalleled comprehensive package management, which is also the most
up-to-date. My personal experience is that it's somewhat unstable (one
particular program, ncurses, particularly fubars things up), though as
always YMMV.

~Maru
is a universe of possibilities. We haven't even *begun* to discuss the other
Unixes out there!