On 5 Dec 2005, at 9:36 pm, Nick Arnett wrote:

On 12/5/05, Horn, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The diagnosis for the prescription was probably written on the
script as I believe that's required for electronic claim filing
these days.  So the pharmacist probably could see the diagnosis
right there and was reasonably sure it wasn't for something else.
Not that this makes it all better or anything...

The diagnosis is irrelevant. Notwithstanding the idea that one can contract a venereal disease "innocently" (from one's spouse, for example), none of us
is so innocent that we have the right to cast judgment.

It seems a lot of people caught HIV from contaminated blood before there was proper screening - Isaac Asimov and Ofra Haza are two famous names that come to mind - and who knows how many kept the cause of death quiet successfully because of the stigma attached to that illness.

To act Christian --
Christ-like -- means we are called to use our words and actions to do away away accusations, freeing those around us from the vicious cycle of guilt and error. The truth that sets us free is that all error has already been
atoned.

The idea that God punishes us in accordance with our sins (or calls us to do
the same to others) is about as Biblical as "Godl helps those who help
themselves," which is to say it is not.

There are a great many Christians in the USA who feel differently than you.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A bad thing done for a good cause is still a bad thing. It's why so few people slap their political opponents. That, and because slapping looks so silly." - Randy Cohen.