On Dec 5, 2005, at 4:47 PM, William T Goodall wrote:

The idea that God punishes us in accordance with our sins (or calls us to do the same to others) is about as Biblical as "Godl helps those who help
themselves," which is to say it is not.

There are a great many Christians in the USA who feel differently than you.

Which is all the more reason for those few of us left (call us "the remnant", if you're feeling Biblical) who remember that Jesus didn't think that way to remind the world that there is another way.

Jesus was radically generous. Liberal, if you will. The arthritic judgement-dealing organization that has grown up around his teachings is an abomination, a point on which you and I have plenty of common ground.

Dave