At 12:16 PM Tuesday 1/17/2006, Julia Thompson wrote:
William T Goodall wrote:
On 17 Jan 2006, at 4:39 am, Ritu wrote:

William T Goodall wrote:

Enormous costs and intangible benefits that sound like members of a
cult :)

Hee!

So is this your new Cause then?

Just expanding my hobby of railing at human idiocies into a new area...
And I'm sure there's a connection between the evil poisonous filth of
religion and the pointless self-harm of procreation somewhere :)

Well, some religions teach that you ought to be having lots and lots of children.

Others teach chastity. Those don't tend to stick around quite as long. (I'm thinking of the Shakers....)

And then some prescribe one behavior for one group of followers and the other for another group of followers.

Frex abstinence for the single and childrearing for the married?

--Ronn!  :)

"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
   -- Red Skelton

(Someone asked me to change my .sig quote back, so I did.)