On 29 Mar 2006 at 5:29, Charlie Bell wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2006, at 5:06 AM, Dave Land wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for sharing your story with us. I suppose that the rest
> > of the list knows you much better than I do, so I appreciated
> > learning a little more about you and your peregrinations, both
> > personal and geographical.
>
> Yeah, I first joined Brin-L in about 1874 I think. (1997? '98? Steve
> S or Rich B will know) and was a fairly prolific contributor for a
> while. Wandered off for a bit and was busy in other parts of the 'net
> and real life 'til recently when I thought "hmmm, 'bout time that
> Brin wrote more Uplift" and decided to stick my nose in here.

Hm...it was..what...1999 when I stuck my head in here in the middle
of a cloning debate, and you promply bit it off. Ah, history :)

> Brin-L has the dubious distinction of having received quite possibly
> the worst Drunk Email I've ever sent anywhere too, it was such
> gibberish even I couldn't work out what I might have been on about
> when I saw it a few hours later. :)

Worse I saw turned out to be written entirely by a pair of kittens
who bounced on my friends keyboard for a bit :)

(And yes, there really IS software which is designed to protect
against that..)

Oh, and good luck on the application. I've had my fun with that sort of
paperwork. (Tried to get a job in America. Didn't get very far...)

AndyC
Dawn Falcon