At 01:49 PM Wednesday 4/12/2006, Charlie Bell wrote:

On 12/04/2006, at 8:59 PM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

One answer is that if there really is a God, you could try asking
Him what He wants you to do . . .

Sure. Like I say, it's highly personal.

Of course, it's possible that the answer you get will be "RTF¹M" . . .

Now there's a good shortcut to atheism. :-)

Not necessarily, if as some have suggested the Bible is a record of God's dealings with other humans. Then it might give you some useful guidelines which you could employ in your life. FWIW, my experience is that God, like a good professor, gives you the smallest possible hint to get you on the right track. In some cases that hint may well be found in the Scriptures . . .

--Ronn!  :)

"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
   -- Red Skelton

(Someone asked me to change my .sig quote back, so I did.)