Charlie Bell wrote:

On 08/05/2006, at 6:28 PM, Julia Thompson wrote:

Charlie Bell wrote:
On 08/05/2006, at 5:32 PM, Jim Sharkey wrote:

Charlie Bell wrote:
Jim Sharkey wrote:
I was too busy trying to get up to speed.  Sometimes, I feel like
I'm still trying.  :)
Red Queen, eh? :)

I could just laugh along and pretend I got that; however, I have no
idea to what that reference joke actually refers.
The Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland, who ran as fast as she could just to stay in the same place. :)

Actually, Through the Looking Glass.
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/metastuff/looking/ch2.html.gz is the chapter in question.

Ta. I did know that, I was just being lazy by referring to the stories as a whole as "Alice in Wonderland" when they're not actually called that... :)

Oh, that's fine, I just felt like being pedantic and mildly useful all at once. I appreciate your giving me the opportunity to be so. :D

        Julia

who once could recite a German translation of the first verse of "Jabberwocky" and did so ad nauseum